What We Provide
- The Gordon Highlanders 1914-18 exist to recreate as accurately as possible the life of the soldiers of the Gordon Highlanders during the Great War 1914-18.
- In addition our female members portray a variety of roles, notably that of nurses, compatible with a tented encampment behind the lines.
- We believe we are currently the only living history group in the United Kingdom devoted full time to portraying the Highland Soldier in the Great War.
- Specifically, we can offer the following
- An authentic tented living history encampment, in which we demonstrate the uniform, equipment, weapons and life of the soldiers as well as women within the war.
- Arena displays, demonstrating drill, equipment and weapons.
- Individual talks and demonstrations in uniform to the public, to societies or schools.
- Participation in full-scale demonstration battles or re-enactments.
- Support to special occasions, such as Burns Night, St Andrew's Day or corporate hospitality events by the provision of guards of honour etc and the demonstration of uniform and equipment.
- A professional portable pictorial display, on 15 square metres of display boards, on the Highland Soldier in the Great War.
- We aim for the highest standards in all our activities, including dress, equipment and presentation.
- We will seek to cooperate with all re-enactment and living history groups with a common interest and common commitment to standards. Thus, where we are unable, for lack of numbers or availability, to deliver the exact requirement, we will make this clear prior to booking, and then will if requested assist in enlisting other groups to co-operate to deliver the requirement as far as possible.
In the trenches Sanctuary Wood, Passchendaele March, August 2007
- You may book the Gordon Highlanders 1914-18 with confidence knowing that we will honour all engagements we undertake and will not promise more than we can deliver.
- To see what others have said please visit the References page.
- To make a booking or find out more information please visit the Contact Us page.